Minnesota is implementing effective, innovative recruitment, preparation, licensing, and retention strategies to support effective teachers and leaders to ultimately, positively impact the success of ALL learners. This work is carried out through the following reform efforts:
- Educator Preparation Reform:
- Supporting LEAs in retaining effective teachers through quality induction and mentoring.
- Supporting alignment and implementation of HLPs among EPPs and LEA partners who provide clinical sites for teacher candidates.
- Preparing educators who are competent collaborators who address inclusionary practices that emphasize academic and social-emotional needs of students with disabilities.
- Ensuring that MN certification and licensure policy will incorporate high-leverage and evidence-based practices
- Ensuring that all special educators in MN will meet the requirements of Assurance 14