Build the capacity of Colorado Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) to embed practices and frameworks that are supported by evidence and aligned to state requirements into preparation program coursework and clinical experiences.
2021 Update: The Colorado State Leadership Team is supporting preparation reform projects at the following IHEs:
- Assistive Technology to Promote HLPs and Evidence-Based Multimodal Literacy Practices (Western Colorado University)
- Collaboration Between Special Education and Educational Leadership Programs (Regis University)
- Developing High-Quality IEPs (Colorado Christian University, University of Colorado-Denver, and Western Colorado University)
- Dyslexia Module (University of Northern Colorado)
- Embedding HLPs in Preservice Special Education Program (University of Colorado at Colorado Springs)
Advance effective inclusive principal leadership in partnership with districts and educator preparation programs.
2021 Update: The Colorado State Leadership Team continues to facilitate a professional learning community for principal preparation faculty on “Exploring Educational Leadership Preparation with an Equity Mindset.” Ten Colorado principal preparation programs are actively engaged in the community.
Educator Preparation Program Approval/Evaluation:
Identify and share best practices for educator preparation program reflection, review, alignment, and continuous improvement.
2021 Update: The Colorado State Leadership team continues to support program improvement activities for Colorado IHEs in the areas of evidence-based literacy instruction, family engagement, and data use.