- January 31st Submitted registration
- February 14th Completed UFID Form to Christy Oxer at email@example.com
- February 21st Send preferred flight information to Christy (CEEDAR books all flights)
- May 29th Travel receipts due to Christy
Step 1. Register
Go to https://ceedar.education.ufl.edu/ccsc-2020/registration and register for the convening. Registration must be completed by January 31st.
Step 2. Complete the UFID Form
In order to book any travel or be reimbursed for any travel expenses, you will need to fill out and return the attached UFID form. The address on this form will be used to mail your reimbursement check.
UFID forms must be submitted by February 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once that form is received, we can purchase your flight. Preferred flight information must be sent to Christy by February 21st. CEEDAR staff must book and pay your airfare.
Step 3. Select Flight
All flight requests must be submitted to Christy by February 21st. CEEDAR staff must book and pay your airfare. Since the meeting starts May 12th at 3PM, your flight should arrive no later than 1:00PM. The meeting ends on May 14th at 2:00PM, so your departure should not be scheduled before 4:30PM.
The preferred way for us to prepay your flight is for you to capture a “screen shot” of your preferred flights and email them to Christy email@example.com. Once CEEDAR purchases your flight, you will get the itinerary via email. You have 20 hours from the time of the ticket purchase to make changes. We cannot make changes after that time. Please note that we cannot pay for seat upgrades or travel insurance. If you have a TSA or frequent flyer number you would like to include on the reservation, please send to Christy WITH the screen shot of your preferred flights.
We try to be as flexible as possible with travel preferences, while still considering the budget. Please look for an economical flight. We may search for more cost effective alternatives for you to choose from.
We understand that we are booking tickets weeks prior to the convening and that life situations may arise causing you to cancel your attendance. If you are unable to attend the convening, yet your ticket has already been paid for, it is not possible to transfer plane tickets or get a refund. Instead airlines offer credits, but only to the ticketed passenger. Because of this, you will be responsible for reimbursing CEEDAR for the amount of the ticket if you cannot attend. This will allow you to use it for other travel at a later date. Note: Please do not ask us to book travel until you have approval from your institution/agency, if approval is necessary.
*Southwest Airlines flies into Atlanta with great airfares and an easy cancellation policy, but remember, Southwest often doesn’t come up when searching through websites such as Expedia or Travelocity. You’ll need to search them through their website.
Other Travel Information
We would like all participants to take the MARTA train service from the Atlanta Airport to the Atlanta Marriot Buckhead Hotel and Conference Center. It is the most convenient, expedient, cost-effective way from the airport to the hotel. The train runs directly between the two locations without a train change. Details on MARTA:
- Once you arrive at your gate, follow signs to the baggage claim
- Enter the Rail Station from the North or South Terminal
- In most cases, you’ll exit the airport plane train and go up a tall escalator to baggage claim. At this point, you’ll be facing the Airport MARTA station, but it won’t be visible due to restrooms that are immediately in front of it. Turn right or left to enter the North or South baggage claim are-both have doors that lead into the rail station near the last baggage claim carousel
- Buy fare inside the station
- Inside the station, you can buy a Breeze ticket at a vending machine. RideStores are also staffed during business hours if you want to purchase fare via a person.
- Purchase two “trips”: one to the hotel and another for your return on Thursday. The total cost will be approximately $5.
- Keep your receipt to submit for reimbursement after convening. We cannot reimburse without a receipt.
- Board the train
- Be sure to board the GOLD line which will be marked “Doraville.” This will take you to your stop at Lenox. A train leaves every 10 minutes.
- Do not board the RED line.
- Arrival at Lenox Station
- The station is just .4 mile from the hotel. It is a short 5-minute walk. If you prefer to take the hotel-provided shuttle from the station, call (404) 261-9250 to arrange pickup once you arrive at baggage claim. This shuttle runs from 7am-11pm only and seating is limited on a first come, first served basis.
- If you need to take another type of transportation to/from the airport, please email Christy for pre-approval firstname.lastname@example.org
The convening will be held at the Atlanta Marriot Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. CEEDAR will take care of your reservation and payment. Please do not call the hotel directly with questions. If you have questions, or are planning to personally extend your stay at the hotel in Atlanta, email Christy Oxer at email@example.com.
Reimbursement After Travel
All travel receipts must be turned in to Christy no later than May 29th, 2020.
Need receipts for:
- MARTA, Uber, Taxis (15% tip can be added per taxi trip)
- Airline baggage fees
Receipts NOT needed
Do not need receipts for:
- Portage or Baggage. You can give taxi driver or hotel bellman $1 per bag to help you (max 3 bags).
- Reimbursement is .445 cents per mile. Miles are computed from your home or work address to the airport and back.
For meals, you will be reimbursed $36 per day as follows:
- Breakfast, $6 (if leaving home prior to 6am)
- Lunch, $11
- Dinner, $19 (if returning home after 8pm)
For example, if you get home at 6PM, you will only get $17 for that day ($6 Breakfast, $11 Lunch)
If the convening provides any meals, you will not be reimbursed for those – even if you don’t attend the meals.
You can submit your receipts via email following the convening. We will obtain your signature via docusign to process your reimbursement.
You should receive your reimbursement within 15 days of submission.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Contact Information: